Pages

Friday, February 20, 2009

bathroom storage



i am happy to say i have completed another project. yay! i the above picture in a magazine and thought that was such a cute idea and should be super simple to find some pretty white cake plates. well i was wrong about that. a pretty white cake plate is obviously few and far between around here. especially a smaller one like in the picture. I found a couple bigger ones but I would have to be willing to shell out $30 to have it. SO, i decided to reinvent the concept. I found a matching dinner plate and salad plate at t.j. maxx (love that store!) for $2 and $1 respectively. And then I went to my faithful goodwill store and found a wooden candlestick holder for .50 that I spray painted a glossy white to match, used some epoxy glue for extra holding strength and voila! It serves the exact purposed I intended and I only paid a whopping $3.50 for it!


my interpretation


















my inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment